Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    New Report Out about swissair-unbelievable-be sure to read

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Report Out about swissair-unbelievable-be sure to read
 Login/Join

posted
http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/Swissinfo.html?siteSect=161&sid=1628250

Of course those of us who have lost a loved one in the terrible crash of sr111 and have had our lives totally destroyed aren't at all surprised. They are the company afterall that bought an entertainment system that other responsible airlines wouldn't buy. Continued to run it even though they had to adjust air conditionning temperatures because it ran so hot. Installed it into their MD-11s into the essentials (because the non-essentials wouldn't give the power sucking system enough power) and because of this it couldn't be turned off by the pilots in the event the system started a fire Despicable. IMO- what a bunch of criminals. This article is just more of the same that we've known all along.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about this since I read it the other day - and of course, it is no surprise that there was poor decision making at the top. From the time the entertainment systems were disconnected (in October 98?) in the other MD-11s in the fleet, I personally have not WANTED to believe that such a thing could be implicated in the crash. I wanted the cause to be something unavoidable, some terrible failure of something crucial; not some ludicrous error in a system superfluous to the needs of the aircraft.

That day in that long ago October when my son handed me the information about the inflight entertainment systems, which he had picked up off the net was the first time that I got angry about the awful tragedy that had occurred.

And that anger has remained, in one form or another - fanned always by details as I came to know more about the system, how it had been wired, and the motivation for installing it in the first place.

Funny, but it would have been easier to come to terms with the disaster had something else caused it.

Posts: 14 | Location: Ireland | Registered: Tue January 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post