forums.swissair111.org
The 'Maiden' Flight

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.swissair111.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/322103945/m/146104945

Wed October 22 2003, 12:29 AM
BF
The 'Maiden' Flight
I don't usually post anything very personal on this site but here goes. My younger daughter flew by herself this weekend. This was the first time she has done that since Tara was killed on sr111. I don't know if I have ever felt such terrible anxiety in my life. I kept telling myself that for anything to happen would be absurd but would immediately remember that the fact that Tara couldn't even get to Switzerland for her first day of school was pretty out there.

She would call me between each leg of the trip to let me know she was okay despite the fact that this was out of character for her to report much of anything to me! It must have been very emotional for her as well. At any rate I am so grateful for her safe return, that I actually wish I could thank the pilots for taking good care of the passengers. That's not something I will ever take for granted.

Oh and there was NO entertainment on the flight-thank God.
Wed November 05 2003, 04:30 PM
CanadianGirl
I'm glad nothing happened!
Thu November 06 2003, 07:39 PM
BF
Even her flights were on time. I should be so lucky!
Thu November 06 2003, 10:27 PM
B1BLancer
It sounds like she had a totally boring flight. Good. That's what every flight should be, completely predicable and boring. Sometimes boring is good.

"They shall mount up with wings, as eagles." Isaiah 40:31
Thu November 06 2003, 11:46 PM
BF
quote:
It sounds like she had a totally boring flight. Good. That's what every flight should be, completely predicable and boring. Sometimes boring is good.
Hi David! You are so right about that!

Barbara