Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    The 'Maiden' Flight

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 'Maiden' Flight
 Login/Join

posted
I don't usually post anything very personal on this site but here goes. My younger daughter flew by herself this weekend. This was the first time she has done that since Tara was killed on sr111. I don't know if I have ever felt such terrible anxiety in my life. I kept telling myself that for anything to happen would be absurd but would immediately remember that the fact that Tara couldn't even get to Switzerland for her first day of school was pretty out there.

She would call me between each leg of the trip to let me know she was okay despite the fact that this was out of character for her to report much of anything to me! It must have been very emotional for her as well. At any rate I am so grateful for her safe return, that I actually wish I could thank the pilots for taking good care of the passengers. That's not something I will ever take for granted.

Oh and there was NO entertainment on the flight-thank God.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad nothing happened!

Posts: 8 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Wed September 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even her flights were on time. I should be so lucky!

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like she had a totally boring flight. Good. That's what every flight should be, completely predicable and boring. Sometimes boring is good.

"They shall mount up with wings, as eagles." Isaiah 40:31

Posts: 26 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: Mon April 29 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It sounds like she had a totally boring flight. Good. That's what every flight should be, completely predicable and boring. Sometimes boring is good.
Hi David! You are so right about that!

Barbara