Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    Background Information

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Background Information
 Login/Join

posted
Hello-

I am just doing some research and I was wondering if anyone there knows where I can find the victim recovery information for this flight. I am wondering how many entities actually participated and how many entities actually recovered the victims. I am not interested in anything other than the recovery teams names. I can contact them myself. I am sorry for anyone's loss, and I do not want to offend anyone, but this is for a statistical paper on victim rescue/recovery and I'm not sure where else I can turn. If someone will just direct me, I will appreciate it. Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Wed August 01 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cn, I have no answers for this question, but if CD is around, maybe he would know?

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any specific list that would satisfy your question either. I would probably suggest that you contact the Trasnsportation Safety Board directly, as they may have access to that sort of information. Sections 1.13.1 and 1.13.2 of the final report indicate that medical examiners of the provinces of Nova Scotia and Ontario, the RCMP, DND personnel, and others from the local medical community were involved with indentification and, likely, were also involved with recovery.

1.13 Medical Information

The final report also contains this information:

quote:
Immediately after the accident, many government departments, agencies, companies, and concerned citizens assisted in the search and recovery of victims and aircraft components. Civilian vessels from the local communities that were positioned offshore near the accident site also responded in great numbers.

SR 111 Supporting Technical Information - Wreckage Recovery

I attended an emergency response conference in 1999 and one of the guest speakers happened to be an airline pilot who lived near the accident site. He was one of the local citizens who went out on the water that night to search and also recovered items.

Again, I'm not certain whether there is a complete list of all those involved but the TSB might know.

Posts: 142 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mon April 08 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris, thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post