Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    AVweb libel

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AVweb libel
 Login/Join

posted
Aviation attorney, Arthur Alan Wolk sued AVweb and certain of their subscribers for libel. One of Mr. Wolk's complaints was that AVweb did not supervise their chat room to prevent libelous comments about him being published by their subscribers. Quite an apology issued by AVweb.
Barbara..see other

Posts: 58 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cecil, I had heard about this sometime ago regarding the aviation attorney Wolk vs.AVWEB. I checked the AVweb site and it looked as though a couple of the posters attacked his background and accomplishments if I remember correctly from the posts and there were some nasty exchanges between them. I guess it would be best to avoid expressing my opinion about this one- not that anyone asked!

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barbara...I agree, caution is the best course. Libel is a nasty business, and I have worried about some of the postings that have appeared before. I think, all in all, everyone has behaved fairly well. Did you see the apology AVweb posted...quite lengthly, and smells of legal seasoning.

Posts: 58 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I think I may have deleted it from my email. Dare I say it isn't my favorite publication so I rarely read it? I have a feeling it must have been pretty interesting...

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post