Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    Elaine Scarry propagates Conspiracy Theories
Page 1 2 

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elaine Scarry propagates Conspiracy Theories
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ya, as for me I don't blame just TWA, I mean they were negligent but it wasn't just them, it's the industry as a whole. Like they said on CNN they have right now a system that could prevent a fuel tank from ever exploding again (pumping nitrogen into the tank, forcing the flammable oxygen out) but it'll cost too much so they keep gambling with people's lives.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of Apollo 1. NASA wouldn't budge on using 100% oxygen until they had a tragic consequence (it would weigh too much otherwise). Sadly, it took 3 astronauts to their graves, for all of a sudden, nitrogen mixed atmosphere was "essential".

They all play the insurance underwriter game. Fatality statistics. Every 100 shuttle flights it's "acceptable" for a crash. Every 100,000 flights an airliner going down. It's cheaper to pay out the lawsuits than fixing the problem in the first place. Frown

All I know there's going to be some people accountable on Judgement Day. Playing such sick statistical games has ultimate consequences in the end.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Tue July 18 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, The problem with that is people have died as a result of wiring and nothing still gets done, at least when NASA loses people they fix the problem that led to their death (as well as they can anyway)

posted Hide Post
Wiring problems is one of those "common" disasters. It's not newsworthy as a missile or crashing into a building. People just write it off like a car crash. Frown

But if they had to view the bodies, ah, they wouldn't pooh-pooh the event.

The US is so sheltered from real life consequences, that to see real death up close and personal they'll be shocked speechless. It's not Hollywood, it's not CSI, it's not reality TV, it's real ugly and personal.

posted Hide Post
Oh my God I hate CSI.

posted Hide Post
CSI is influencing even juries. The power of the media can and does reflect public perceptions. Now juries go into the courtroom expecting DNA typing to be done on every murder and rape case. They don't realize the cost and backlog there is at state crime labs. Fingerprinting and such is handled locally, but DNA and other biological and trace evidence is shipped to one facility that can have a 6 month wait on just getting to the samples. Only media sensations (like young blonde SWFs) get the full typing and priority access. Joe Smoo without his star attorneys have to rot for a year. Worse, because of time and space restrictions evidence is lost, buried and even destroyed (remember what happened to Michael Jordan's dad?).

The right to a fair and speedy trial is but a memory today (something survivors understand really well).