https://forums.swissair111.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/322103945/m/6172910447

Thu April 19 2018, 08:25 AM
BF
To all swissair 111 Family members and Friends
Rev. Louis Quennelle <ministry@parishofblandford.ca>
3:55 pm (2 days ago)
to swissair111
To whom it may Concern,

My name is Rev. Louis Quennelle. I am the current rector of the Anglican Parish of Blandford serving the communities of Deep Cove, Blandford, Bayswater, and Northwest Cove.

Every year on the anniversary we hold a service of commemoration at the Memorial Site in Bayswater, N.S. This service is open to anyone in our communities and families,friends and others who may wish to remember this tragic and important event and those who were lost to us that day.

We are in the very early stages of planning the service for this 20th anniversary service on Sunday, September 02, 2018. At this time we are attempting to reach out to families and loved ones of those who died that day. We would love to hear from you in our planning of the service and of the day. We would also like to know if any family members are planning to be here on that day.

Please pass this on to any families or organizations of families with whom you have contact. We hope to hear from any who wish to be a part of the planning and the commemoration on that day.

blessings,

Louis+
Wed July 04 2018, 08:55 AM
BF
Hello Everyone,

First, Thank-you all for your interest in the upcoming 20th Anniversary of the Crash of Swissair 111. For many of you the information here may not have much that is new, but I hope soon to have a meeting with local community and parish of Blandford members to move forward. I will be away for 2 weeks in August (08-21), so I hope to have most everything in place before leaving so that the final touches only will need to be organized the last week of August.

Here are the plans so far:

1. The memorial service will take place at 3pm, September 02 at the Bayswater memorial site (alternate site for inclememt weather could be All Saints Church which is close by.) WE hope that the service itself will be fully focused on the victims of Swissair 111, their families, the emergency services involved and the communities who were involved and continue to live with the reality of what happened so close to their homes. Local clergy and organizations have been invited to participate in the planning. I hope soon to have contact information for leaders of other faith groups to include them. The plan is to make the service fairly simple, reflective, prayerful and to keep it around 1 hour or less. Any speeches, or special messages would be delivered at the reception to follow.
2. The auditorium at the Blandford Community center about 4 kms (2+ miles) from the memorial site is booked for the reception. Catering is being discussed at this time, but probably it will be finger foods, sandwiches, sweets rather than a full meal. We are looking at a program for the reception which might include messages from different levels of government, possibly the military, EMO, the community, our church, other interested parties - most important from family members of those who died. We are also looking at asking local musicians for some appropriate music. We hope that any program would not be so long as to prevent what I feel may be the most important part of this memorial - the renewal of the human connections which were made at that difficult time, many of which have continued to today.

I look forward to hearing from you concerning these plans. Right now the only things which are fairly firmly set are the date and time. It would be especially valuable to hear from the families of those who died as to what they want.
Wed July 04 2018, 08:56 AM
BF
The above post is an update from Rev. Louis Quennelle.
Thu July 19 2018, 07:41 PM
BF
Hello Everyone,

Here is a 'bare bones' report on our meeting last week. If you have any questions, suggestions or would like to help out in any of the tasks ahead, please let us know.

Swissair 111 - 20th Anniversary Memorial, planning meeting July 11, 2018.

Present at the meeting were members of the military, the Parish of Blandford, the communities of Blandford, Bayswater, and Northwest Cove and the Blandford Fire Department. Also Part of the planning group are representatives from Aspotogan Heritage Trust and EMO Nova Scotia.

There are still a few groups and individuals to be contacted in the next few weeks.

The planning group has agreed on a format for the service at the Memorial Site:

Those who died – the families

one or two representatives of the families will be asked to speak with a short prayer, poem or reflection.

Leaders of some of the faith communities of the victims will be asked to lead a prayer or reflection from their tradition.

Those who searched – first responders, military etc.

One or two representatives from some of the searchers' and recovery organizations to lead short in readings/reflections.

The community:

community representative/s will lead in readings/reflections with regard to what they experienced and the changed life of the communities.

Some kind of a symbolic gesture to recognize those who died, those who grieve, those who served and the communities who have lived with the reality and the aftermath for 20 years.

Music – To Be Determined

Rev. Louis Quennelle & Lcol John O'Donnell – Deputy Army Command Chaplain have consented to take the lead in planning the Service.

Reception:

A number of persons have expressed interest in contributing/speaking to deliver messages or share memories at the reception. Since the meeting, someone has stepped forward to take the lead in setting up a possible “Shared Memories” display.

We have two people who have volunteered to take the lead in finalizing details for the facility and working on the budget for the event.

Our next meeting will be Wednesday August 1, 3pm .

Thank-you all for your interest,

Louis
Thu July 19 2018, 07:42 PM
BF
Hello Everyone,

Apologies. Once again I sent the first email from the wrong address by mistake - please respond to this address.
Here is a 'bare bones' report on our meeting last week. If you have any questions, suggestions or would like to help out in any of the tasks ahead, please let us know.

Swissair 111 - 20th Anniversary Memorial, planning meeting July 11, 2018.

Present at the meeting were members of the military, the Parish of Blandford, the communities of Blandford, Bayswater, and Northwest Cove and the Blandford Fire Department. Also Part of the planning group are representatives from Aspotogan Heritage Trust and EMO Nova Scotia.

There are still a few groups and individuals to be contacted in the next few weeks.

The planning group has agreed on a format for the service at the Memorial Site:

Those who died – the families

one or two representatives of the families will be asked to speak with a short prayer, poem or reflection.

Leaders of some of the faith communities of the victims will be asked to lead a prayer or reflection from their tradition.

Those who searched – first responders, military etc.

One or two representatives from some of the searchers' and recovery organizations to lead short in readings/reflections.

The community:

community representative/s will lead in readings/reflections with regard to what they experienced and the changed life of the communities.

Some kind of a symbolic gesture to recognize those who died, those who grieve, those who served and the communities who have lived with the reality and the aftermath for 20 years.

Music – To Be Determined

Rev. Louis Quennelle & Lcol John O'Donnell – Deputy Army Command Chaplain have consented to take the lead in planning the Service.

Reception:

A number of persons have expressed interest in contributing/speaking to deliver messages or share memories at the reception. Since the meeting, someone has stepped forward to take the lead in setting up a possible “Shared Memories” display.

We have two people who have volunteered to take the lead in finalizing details for the facility and working on the budget for the event.

Our next meeting will be Wednesday August 1, 3pm .

Thank-you all for your interest,

Louis
Thu July 19 2018, 07:46 PM
BF
quote:
Rev. Louis Quennelle

Thank you very much Reverend Louis Quennelle, for caring so much after all these years about the victims and their families and friends of Swissair flight 111. Your concern is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Barbara Fetherolf
Mother of Tara Fetherolf 16 years old when she died.
Fri August 24 2018, 12:06 PM
BF
Swissair Memorial Participation
Inbox
x

Parish of Blandford
10:40 AM (4 hours ago)

Good Morning to you All,

In advance of our meeting with the planning group this afternoon, I would like to contact you with 2 considerations. Since you are all interested groups or individuals, your participation on September 02 is important to us.

If someone from your group or one of you individually are willing/able to participate in the service by doing one of the readings, please let me know. We will be finalizing the draft of the service in the next few days so the readings can be sent to you in advance.
If you or your group would like to give a short address at the reception, also please let me know so that you can be included in the program. Written messages would be welcome if you are unable to be at the reception.
Thanks for your consideration and in advance for getting back to me as we quickly approach September 02.

Blessings, Louis+
Wed August 29 2018, 12:45 PM
BF
My Apologies to those of you who have received mail from my old email again. Technology is not my strongest suit and i don't know how to fix an ongoing issue with my group email. So, if you have sent me information to an address which is a sympatico email address, please resend to the address above (ministry@parishofblandford.ca).

this is the email which i just sent to you from the wrong address:

Hello everyone

As Sept. 02 approaches quickly, we must meet some deadlines. The Service bulletin will be approved this afternoon at our planning meeting & printed tomorrow morning (Thursday).

If your organization or you as an individual are wishing to participate please let me know asap. If someone from your organization will be there, but they have not yet been selected, that information at least would be appreciated. Please provide the name of the individual who will be doing the reading by FRIDAY August 31 at the latest.

We want to include and acknowledge as many as possible.

For those of you who have already contacted me with your information. Thank-you.

Anyone who will be reading please arrive by 2:45 and identify yourself to one of the planning team at the memorial. (You'll know us by the frantic look on our faces!)
Thank-you for your understanding,

Louis+
--
If you do not wish to receive further messages from the Parish of Blandford,
please notify us by return email.
Blessings.

Rev. Louis Quennelle, Parish of Blandford