Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    When a child never comes home again...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When a child never comes home again...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Barbara - do you understand German?

If so type 'Thomas Schmidheiny Swissair Verwaltungsrat' in Google to find a host of interesting articles on this typical 'Filzer'.

('Filzer': Swiss word for a fat-cat Captain of Industry who sits on several company boards, invariably of right wing political persuasion and usually a high ranking officer in the Swiss militia.)

Posts: 5 | Registered: Wed January 19 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don't understand German but google does give you the option to translate articles into English. I think I'll give it a try. Now that makes a lot of sense why the two would be friends with Haig being a general.

Just on a side note, I sat with a man on an airplane recently who was on his way to taping a series of shows with Haig. He didn't agree with Haig's politics to say the least- the guy was an environmentalist and a professor of chemistry. What he said about Haig is that just before each show he would have an opportunity to speak with him about other issues. He said that all he did was spout off about how he told George Senior (Bush) to go after Saddam during the Gulf War, and what a war-monger Haig is.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris, I'm checking out some articles but the translations are just horrible.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On this day, 7 years ago, we drove to New York to attend a service for the victims of swissair 111. At the time, I was so out of it that I didn't realize that the service was sponsored by swissair or I wouldn't have attended it. The two things I remember about it is that a swissair spokesperson got up and kept saying, 'think of the fishermen'. I don't want to even go into how that made me feel at that time and how inappropriate that was. The other was the comment by a rabbi who said that everything in our lives would now be referred to as before or after this tragedy. He was certainly right regarding that.

That afternoon we attended an extremely sad, memorial service for Tara, held at her school, in the chapel. A teacher who we asked to speak (Tara's favorite teacher who taught biology) referred to Tara as being similar to Bach. A friend of hers got up and spoke and it still reduces me to tears just to think about what he said. Tara's sister who to this day is devastated by the loss of her sister, accompanied Tara's singing teacher and her piano teacher on the violin, in a Bach piece that they had both played together that past spring, for a school competition.

It was our wedding anniversary, and just by coincidence the same music was played that we used for our ceremony, 22 years earlier.

7 years later, I can hardly believe that our daughter is gone.

posted Hide Post
I have these awful dreams where Tara is vaguely in them, but I can never catch up to her to give her a hug. The dreams are shadowy and rarely do I get to look at her beautiful face. Pretty depressing...

posted Hide Post
Hi Barbara,I am new in this forum but I wanted to tell you that I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I lost both of my parents on that flight. Not a day goes by that I don't think of them and the way they died. I have not cried about this in awhile and when I read your story it all came back to me. There are moments that I have where I literally shudder at the thought of how my parents died along with all the others on board. I like to think that everyone in some way brought comfort to each other during their final moments. I'm sure your daughter did just that. Peace to you and your family.
Danette

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri March 17 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Danette, Thanks so much for your wonderful post! I am so sorry about your parents. I certainly understand the moments that you are referring to. Losing Tara in such a horrific way, is just terrible. I'm so sorry for your pain. Hope you'll write again when you have a chance. Feel free to write to me privately at babsf342@aol.com if you want to.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
Well today, the 11th- 9/11 would have been our 30th wedding anniversary. Seems that nothing has turned out very well. I think Tara would be very sad if she could see the state of things after she died. I know he's not moping around being too upset or sentimental as he's on a Yahoo dating site looking for other women. Not much more to say...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BF,

posted Hide Post
Tara would have been 25 this year on the 27th of November. This Xmas, her sister and I miss her terribly, but at least we're together with family. Wish she were here too. She was such a wonderful daughter and not a day goes by that we don't think about her.

posted Hide Post
Hey Barb, I realize you wrote the original post a long time ago, but I think that you should write that book, if for no one else you should write it for yourself. But that's just my uninformed opinion.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, thanks so much for saying that! Honestly, if I could just find someone to help me with it (I'm no Steinbeck, LOL), I really would be tempted.

Hope you are enjoying your little vacation from work.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about some of the neat things Tara did as a child. She participated in a play that was sponsored by our local community theatre group. She told me that she had a very small part in the play. I went to her performance and started to notice mid-way through, that Tara seemed to be saying a lot of the lines. I thought to myself, 'well I guess it wasn't as small a part as she said'. I found out later that one of the kids had gotten stage fright, and Tara without missing a beat, had spontaneously taken over her part! That was just the kind of kid she was. She was just so special to me. Courageous, thoughtful, caring and wonderful.

posted Hide Post
Your articles touches my heart and i had tears in my eyes answering it. There are no words for condolences for such a loss! I am so so sorry, god bless your lovely daughter.
Since many years i follow up the updates about this terrible tragedy, even though i was not directly involved.
I was during that time at the US Open in NY and a former friend of mine, was supposed to be on the plane, he changed his flight, but this took me several hours to figure out and it was only terrible.
I believe its the hardest thing in life to loose a child and i am so sorry!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sat August 09 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ni, thanks for your very kind thoughts.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
I am German. In some posts someone said, Thomas Schmidheiny of Swissair should be "googled". If you want, i could translate you the articles, you want. Just send me the link, and i would do so or i could give you a brief summery what's written in the respective articles....

posted Hide Post
Ni thanks so much for the offer! I'm not sure if there is much about him still around.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
Barbara, sorry i was way too late to translate your article you asked me for, cause i did not sign in for a while. If you would like to have anything translated, just email me directly cmiller11@hotmail.com and you get it right away.

Sorry again!

posted Hide Post
Ni, you're so nice! Don't worry about it, I really appreciate that you stop by from time to time.

Thanks!

Barbara

posted Hide Post
I only wish, that Tara were here, to see this historical moment in U.S. history. I really miss her 10 years later. It still seems unthinkable, that she is gone...

posted Hide Post
My wife lost her cousin Eudice Ball and her husband Marty Ball on Swiss Air. We were very close with them. I still can't believe that they are gone after all these years. What a tradgedy. So many good people gone due to the greed and incompetency of a few.

Edited out a quote from me that I no longer want to have on the internet. BF

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BF,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Thu December 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post