Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    Hey Barb. Long Time No See

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Barb. Long Time No See
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Barb, long time no see. Just wanted to stop in and let ya know I was thinkin of you and Tara 16 years on.

As for me life's been kinda terrible lately. Lost my sister Jenny to cancer in November. She was only 38 and of the three of us (Her, my bro and I) she's the only one who had a child to leave behind. Frown I'm still trying to come to grips with that. I've heard of the stages of death but I haven't even gotten past acceptance yet. Work is terrible, it's frustrating and unfulfilling and I want out but can't find another job. I wanted to go to school so I can get a job in computers but my work wouldn't accommodate me by changing my schedule. Basically in corporate speak they told me "You can have whatever shift you want, so long as it's exactly the shift we want to give you" So I had to put that off for at least a year. Both my physical and mental health are getting worse and it's worrying me making it even worse.

So, sorry I can't hit ya with good news, but hey at least it's the truth. I hope you're doing far better.

It also occurs to me I've never really explained to you why I'm so interested in this. I've been interested in aviation for as long as I can remember and something about the disasters it causes just fascinates me, now don't get me wrong it's not in a morbid "I like watching people die" kind of way. That's just sick. It's more a problem solving thing. I've studied a lot of air disasters and the theme I find is that in most of them it's someone not doing their job correctly that causes it. There are exceptions of course, sometimes an accident really is an accident; but most of them are caused by someone breaking the rules or someone not doing their job properly and that just bugs me. But I don't need to tell you about that, you know it far better than I. The FAA in particular just frustrates the Hell out of me. I've said for a long time now their slogan should be Money > Lives.

Anyway, I hope this day passes for you mercifully swift, and that this message finds you well.

-Murray.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Murray. I'm so sorry to hear that your sister died. That is really sad too, that she left a child behind. Life can certainly be tough. I also feel very badly for you about your job.

I can't believe that the tragedy happened 14 years ago. To me it seems like just yesterday that I lost Tara. The pain is just as fresh.

Thanks so much for remembering the tragedy. I'm going to send you a private message with my email so that you can write to me if you want to.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, I doubt you are around, but I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you. Hope life has gotten a little better for you.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, you ok?

Barbara