Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    Swiss press reports swissair pilots cheated on their exams

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss press reports swissair pilots cheated on their exams
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did want to say that the Swiss press is hardly what one would call daring or scandalous in their reporting- quite the opposite in fact. I believe there is a lot of truth to this article based on my own personal experiences with this airline. The poster that commented that as long as everyone is paid was (IMHO) right on the mark.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For more information about what these tests are and why they are given:

http://www.jaa.nl/whatisthejaa/jaainfo.html

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
The thread gets ridiculous as a bunch of (probably) swissair pilots show up on that site. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Check out this thread again. Seems as though a TVB who I believe to be a Swiss/American reporter who extensively investigated the sr111 tragedy and revealed a good deal of what has been discovered about the IFEN (entertainment system), has some very interesting comments regarding swissair. I think I would believe his comments over those that are/were employed with THAT airline. Afterall much of what he had to say about the swissair tragedy was very accurate and consistent with the CTSB's final report.

I'm glad to see him reveal another point as well. The self-censorship of the Swiss press. It's hard to miss when you've been affected by a tragedy as terrible as sr111. Many of the anniversaries were ignored and if it was mentioned at all it was always about the claims left against the airline by family members. Always about the money. Even the articles about the recent tragic murder of an air traffic controller by a distraught family member discussed how family members were working out settlements. There seems to be this thinking that the distraught can be paid off and hopefully go away and pick up the pieces of their crappy dismal life which they are left with.

When the press reports that swissair pilots cheated through the 90's you better believe there is some accuracy in those stories. Trying to compare them with cheating at Oxford doesn't quite cut the mustard as the pilots are dealing with life and death decisions every day. They'll never know when some required test question will come in handy to save theirs' and the passengers' lives. I hope this report will be taken very seriously in light of the tremendous tragedies Swiss aviation has been involved in during the last 51/2 years.

posted Hide Post
Some interesting remarks on another Pprune thread from reporter, TvB. This is regarding the 'resignation' of swiss CEO, Andre Dose. More information about this can be found on the 'This and That' area of this site.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=d5d1e79f1153b4d28aaf2515f9428d52&threadid=117709&perpage=15&pagenumber=7