Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    A swissair email regarding their entertainment system

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A swissair email regarding their entertainment system
 Login/Join

posted
We had a thread on the old sr111 board in which we discussed a swissair ad that was circulating at the time, that was touting an entertainment system (not long after the crash) that had been installed on their A330 fleet. If I remember correctly, a few of us called the airlines to question them about this system and did not receive satisfactory answers to our questions. One poster took the time to write an email and received the following response. The email has not been edited in anyway except to remove the poster's name.

I emailed SwissAir regarding the A330 IFEN and
actually got a response today. Love the P.S. in the email as I like to say, expose butt, now cover it! Here
is the email:

Dear - thank you for you
question about the inflight entertainment system in our
Airbus A330. Here comes our answer:

The
entertainment system on the A330 is not the same as it was
installed on the MD11. The system is manufactured by
Matsushita (MAS2000E) and was installed by AIB during
production of the aircraft.

P.S. MD11 IFEN was not
installed by SR Technics (Swissair) but by Hollingsead
International, Santa Barbara.

Kind Regards

Urs
Peter
Naef

SAirGroup
Corporate Communications
DC
CH-8058
Zurich-Airport

Phone: +41-1-812 4020 --> NEW
Mobile: +41-79-290
Telefax: +41-1-812 9333 --> NEW
E-Mail:
unaef@sairgroup.com

Yes, an interesting PS indeed. I was pretty rough on the guy regarding the system and asked about
testing, etc. I used to fly SwissAir all the time (even
know a couple of SA pilots) and am constantly amazed
by the incredulous game of CYA they keep
playing.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post