Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    Condolences On This, The Fifth Anniversary

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Condolences On This, The Fifth Anniversary
 Login/Join

posted
My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every family member and friend of the 229 people who perished aboard SR111 5 years ago today. Time may, may diminish the pain in some, it does not, however, eradicate the longing and loneliness in the hearts of those left behind.

"No one's death comes to pass without making some impression, and those close to the deceased inherit part of the liberated soul and become richer in their humanness." Hermann Broch

"To die is landing on some distant shore". John Dryden

"Death is a commingling of eternity with time; in the death of a good man, eternity is seen looking through time." Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The call of death is a call of love. Death can be sweet if we answer it in the affirmative, if we accept it as one of the great eternal forms of life and transformation." Hermann Hesse

"There is no death. the stars go down to rise upon some other shore. And bright in Heaven's jeweled crown, they shine for ever more." John Luckey Mccreery

"As death, when we come to consider it closely, is the true goal of our existence, I have formed during the last few years such close relations with this best and truest friend of mankind, that his image is not only no longer terrifying to me, but is indeed very soothing and consoling! And I thank my God for graciously granting me the opportunity of learning that death is the key which unlocks the door to our true happiness." Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

"Is death the last step? No, it is the final awakening." Sir Walter Scott

"Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod." Aristophanes

"For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity."
William Penn

"Life is eternal and love is immortal; And death is only a horizon, And a horizon is nothing Save the limit of our sight". Rossiter W. Raymond

"A brief candle; both ends burning
An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on, proud bird
You're free at last."
Anonymous.

Posts: 27 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Tue September 02 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J.O. Thank you so much for the extremely touching words. Those are some truly beautiful sayings you've posted and certainly give us all something to think about.

Welcome to the site.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my mind, the crash of Swissair 111, and the death of the 229 passengers will not be forgotten. My thoughts and prayers are for the families and friends of those who lost their loved ones 5 years ago.

"ANOTHER DAY"

I still have a sad heart since you went away.
Things in life have never been the same.
Sometimes my faith and trust in God sways.
Yet, I remember your smiling face, and forget the blame.

You were not alone on that dark day.
Many loved ones where with you when God called your name.
It has been five years but it seens like yesterday.
So when I try to go to sleep I remember that tomorrow is the same..... another day without you.

In memory of Dr. Robert Stauter.

Posts: 1 | Location: Youngstown, OH/USA | Registered: Tue September 03 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post