Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    Valujet 592 Boards

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valujet 592 Boards
 Login/Join

posted
It makes me sad when I look at the discussion boards on flight592.com They've been totally taken over by spambots. I offered to help the guy who runs it, just like I offered to help Barbara but he just decided that it was too painful and too much of a hassle to deal with, also he has a family room for confirmed family members to talk where the spambots can't get them so that's good at least. I respect his decision to let it deteriorate but still, it makes me sad to see it. It's a good place, much like this one, that helps people it doesn't deserve what's happening to it.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, I haven't been over to that board in a long time, but they did get some really disrespectful posters who appeared to have worked for AirTran or the old Valujet, when I was reading it.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya, some people just don't know when to shut up. I mean for God's sake these people lost their friends and family, even if what they were saying wasn't true (which of course it is true in this case) still let them say it in peace.

And like I say I totally understand his reasons and respect them, but still it's sad it had to happen. It's not like Plane Crash survivors have many places on the net they can go.

posted Hide Post
I checked it out after your post- wow, what a mess! That is a shame.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeesh, I posted to it yesterday and there are already like 70 posts after me from the spambots.

posted Hide Post
Barbara, firstly could you possibly give my account Permission to edit my own posts?

Anyway:
P.S. Check this out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirTran_Airways#Incidents_and_accidents

Next time someone tells you the FAA is doing it's job properly just tell them about Flight 111, Flight 800, Flight 592 and show them this.

Flight 913 -> executed an emergency landing due to an in-flight fire and smoke in the cockpit.

Flight 956 -> executed an emergency landing shortly after takeoff, due to an electrical fire that caused smoke in the forward cabin.

Flight 356 -> experienced an electrical fire.

Flight 852 -> executed an emergency landing, due to a complete electrical power failure and smoke in the aft part of the cabin area.

Four fires in less than 4 years, all from the same airline, who's merger partner already had had flight 592 before this.

posted Hide Post
Murray, I refuse to fly AirTran and never flew on Valujet either. I wouldn't allow my living daughter to fly on AirTran given their track record.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
As for me, I won't fly period unless I'm the one doing the flying (a.k.a. in a Cessna) Commerical aviation is too dangerous, and those who regulate it too careless for my tastes.

How does the FAA not shut Airtran and Alaska Airlines down?

posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't get it either.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Murray:

Comes down to two things:

1. Money.
2. Who's the President (he loves deregulation to the point of letting the airlines police itself -- and that's a green light to industry to do their thing).

SandyK

Posts: 17 | Registered: Tue July 18 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya, I know it was more of a rhetorical question.

posted Hide Post
Sandy K, that's exactly right. Deregulation of the airlines started with Ronald Reagan, (Air Traffic Controllers), and is getting worse under the current administration. In fact, the swissair tragedy occurred not long after Switzerland started to deregulate the industry in that country.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
Ya, deregulation is a nightmare, we got our only power company here (Nova Scotia Power) deregulated and all they did was slash workers and cut maintenence. So when Hurricane Juan hit we had to go days without power because of it, so now anytime a storm comes we prepare for the possibilty of our power going out cuz our grid sucks.