Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    swiss airlines-or whatever they're calling themselves today

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

swiss airlines-or whatever they're calling themselves today
 Login/Join

posted
I think it is odd that the U.S. media seems to find it interesting that IMHO an insignificant airline like 'swiss' is joining an alliance. It's all over the news today, including Fox. From what I am reading, it really means very little- they still have MAJOR financial problems that remain unresolved with no easy solution in sight.

What actually bothers me is that when the TSB released their final report regarding the swissair tragedy, there was to my knowledge no real coverage in the U.S. though most of the victims of this terrible scandalous tragedy were from there. Not only that, there was no (or very little) mention of the 5 year anniversary.

I was also shocked that after Gary Stoller wrote his article last February very few if any news outlets picked up his extremely well researched, very accurate (USA Today's editors are VERY picky that their reporters back their stories up with FACTS) article regarding the IFEN and the characters (slimbags) involved in it.

Of course I guess in a way the fact that the media ignored all this is far better than an article in a Swiss paper (and the only one I could even find that mentioned the anniversary) that mainly discussed how one claim was still unresolved against swissair.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post