Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  SR111 Messages    FAA Special Certification Review Team Report

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FAA Special Certification Review Team Report
 Login/Join

posted
If you followed the thread regarding IFENGUY2000 you will have noticed that a document entitled, 'FAA Special Certification Review Team Report' is mentioned by him in October '99 when he appeared on the sr111 & Aviation & Safety boards. We are planning to make that report available on the website soon. I think anyone that has followed this site and hasn't seen it before will find it interesting. It was released to the public around June of '00.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark and I are working on getting this posted and hope to have it done this weekend. It will probably appear as a PDF file.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to update anyone that is actually waiting to see that report. We will be posting the report because we think it is important, but it takes a pretty long time to scan it and it is over 50 pages long. We are right now in the middle of helping my daughter with a project! I'm hoping to get it on here sometime during the week.

posted Hide Post
We are making progress on getting this report posted. About 15 pages of it have been scanned- only about 30 more to go. Just to remind you, this is the report that IFENguy2000 talked about on the sr111 board long before it was finished and was a 2 year study conducted by the FAA regarding the entertainment system installed on sr111 and it's sisterships. That's quite an effort for the FAA.

Don't be fooled by the FAA's comment in this report that the way this IFEN was installed wasn't dangerous (what a strange thing to say). Generally speaking it is pretty hard to believe that the FAA would bother putting the time and effort into studying this system, if it wasn't a BIG problem. Remember the CTSB investigators found that 7 of the wires to this sytem following the crash, were burnt showing evidence of electrical arcing. Anyway it will probably be posted by the end of this week. Thanks for your patience.