Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    Hey Barb

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Barb
 Login/Join

posted
Just figured I'd stop by, let ya know how I'm doin. Been suffering from depression lately, so I'm taking advantage of a program my work has and been visiting with a counselor. It's really opening my eyes to problems I've had for a long time, and understanding why I feel the way I do is the first step towards solving my problems. It's a tough mountain to climb, but for the first time ever I really feel like I'm making progress.

I've joined a public speaking group called Toastmasters, maybe you've heard of them cuz they're all over. Public speaking is a key element of a lot of the things I'd like to do in my life but I get really nervous when I do it so I'm doing this to get over that. Also I'm hoping it will have some positive effects on other aspects of my life. Once I get settled in to that I'm going to look in to meditation which is also something I've been interested in for a long time, and maybe perhaps too I can join weight watchers and start to get my eating habits under control.

It's a time of change for me, a time of trying to get my life on track and moving forward. I hope all is well with you.

-Murray

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, it was really great that you stopped by! I'm so sorry to hear of your struggle with depression, but it sounds like you are making some great progress! I hope you continue to feel better. How is your job going?

I have heard of toastmasters, and that's a good thing to pursue. Don't feel too badly about being nervous about giving speeches- many people feel that way, including myself. I used to get the shakes if I even got called on or had to introduce myself at my kid's school events. That would be great if you can overcome that and enjoy speaking. I wish you luck with that also.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and please keep me updated. I'm doing okay.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post