Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    WHAT? I CAN'T TAKE A BRICK ON THE PLANE?

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHAT? I CAN'T TAKE A BRICK ON THE PLANE?
 Login/Join

posted
WHAT? I CAN'T TAKE A BRICK ON THE PLANE?

Some passengers still haven't gotten the word about what they can and can't take on planes.

Seized at airports during the U.S. Thanksgiving crush: 15,982 pocket knives, 98 box cutters, six guns and a brick. Roll Eyes

Still, U.S. transportation officials said the airport chaos predicted by many never occurred.

Passengers waited less than 10 minutes on average at checkpoints during the first holiday travel season since a federal work force took over screening.

Operations were generally smooth, even with bad weather in some places, said a spokesman for the Air Transport Association.

Since the Sept. 11 attacks, the U.S. government has tightened restrictions on what can be taken on board a plane.

Posts: 142 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mon April 08 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris, A brick? Now that is kind of funny!

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, airport officials seem to be thorough these days Razz My last domestic flight, from Halifax To Deer Lake Newfoundland...they made me open my suitcase at check in and took all of my hairpins...same at the xray and metal detectors...my makeup bag had tweezers and hairpins, they took them from me too! Anyone desperate enough to hijack a plane with my hairpin isnt smart enough to pull it off...lol

Posts: 7 | Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia | Registered: Sat November 30 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. Mom had her nail file confiscated too. And she's in her 80's - under 5 ft. and perhaps 110 lbs.

She might be harboring a terrorist, but a kid could overpower her.

Trouble with common sense in the security game - is that it ain't all that common.

Yeah, I know - we got those rules....

I'd be willing to bet that one sharp security agent could replace 50 of this type of 'droid and provide superior security to boot!

Posts: 6 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: Wed November 27 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post