Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    Enraged passenger almost bites off airport worker's ear

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enraged passenger almost bites off airport worker's ear
 Login/Join

posted
Enraged passenger almost bites off lobe in plane row Tue Sep 26, 11:33 AM ET

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian musician who could not board his flight because of overbooking was so enraged that he assaulted a Turin airport worker and almost bit his ear off.

An airport spokesman said on Tuesday that 41-year-old Raffaele Artesi had been due to fly to Naples with his band on Monday for a news conference to present a new tour.

But only six of the band's 11 members boarded the Alitalia plane, with Artesi and the others stranded in the northern city of Turin.

A row with airport workers ensued. Artesi was arrested for the attack on Davide Ruzza, whose left ear lobe was left dangling after being almost bitten off.

"After 16 years, I will certainly change job," daily La Repubblica quoted Ruzza as saying from hospital.

"I don't want to risk my life for an overbooking."

Another worker was slapped and punched by band members including Artesi's brother and sister.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060926/od_nm/italy_overbooking_dc

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post