Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    Barb, just wanted to pass some news along

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barb, just wanted to pass some news along
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Barb, long time no see. Been busy ever since I got home. I remember you said you liked to hear good news, and how it made you feel better so I'll share mine with you.

I applied for a job on Sunday, got a call for an interview on Monday, did the interview and was offered the job on Tuesday and had my first day Wednesday. I love the place, it's got such a good vibe, so much better than the place I worked before the fire. The building is beautiful, right on the harbour, and my floor will have a view of it. The people are all really great, great attitude. The boss is one of those "Call me by my first name" guys, not stuck up and all that. It's 5 mins walk indoors to a mall with a huge food court (Of course, my fav restauraunt Subway isn't among them but oh well) The coffee shops in the building have wireless internet so when I get my 2nd pay check I'mma buy a laptop so I can take advantage of it, lots of eye candy there, (hehe) great pay, great benefits (although the dental doesn't kick in for a year) we get American Holidays off, (My old job we didn't get any holidays off) the hours are great (I work no later than 9pm, and NO weekends) and it's close to downtown so I can just get off work and go out with my friends. Etc. etc.

I'm really happy, eventually when I've saved up enough I'm going to move out on my own which is something I've wanted to do for a long time now.

Anyway, I just thought I'd stop by and let you know how things were. I hope things are good on your end.

Murray.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, I'm so happy to hear the great news! I hope this works out for you. It sounds terrific. I'd love to hear some updates when you get an opportunity to post them.

Take care!
Thanks!
Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was the last day of training, although I took calls all day anyway. Things are still lookin pretty good. I'm on a decent shift, not too early, not too late. And my training class is my team and my trainer is now my supervisor so that'll save me from being stuck with a group of people I don't know, at least for a while. We're over in the bigger tower which kinda sucks cuz it's a longer walk away from all the amenities and stuff, but oh well it's still a great place to work.

How've things been with you?

posted Hide Post
Murray, I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well with your job! How is the house situation?

My sunroom addition is coming along nicely, but of course it never goes as fast as you want it to. The milder winter we are having so far, has probably made it possible for the room to be done a little sooner, which is good news for my parrots, who will be living in there when it's done. It will also be a nice room to hang out in. I do like the town I moved to very much. People are very nice and friendly here!

ETA: It's strange but having lived in the south, I don't understand why people think that it's friendlier there. I find that the Northeast, specifically the city I live near, to be a very gracious area. Maybe I'm more comfortable in the N.E, because I spent most of my life here. Who knows? Either way, it's good to be back in familiar territory.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well we've been back since Oct, and I'm starting to get used to the place, it'll never be home. Home is gone and will never come back, but it is a place. I'm looking for an apartment so I can get out on my own and live my own life.

I didn't even know you moved, where from and where to?

posted Hide Post
I lived briefly with mark in Winston-Salem, N.C. I've moved back to the Philadelphia area, which is where we raised our kids. I actually really love Philadelphia, the city, and the suburbs. I never felt particularly comfortable in Winston-Salem, but wasn't really there long enough to meet a lot of people.

We did live in Florida for 4 years, and I did like it there. You certainly can't beat the weather!

posted Hide Post
Murray, good luck finding an apt. Hope the job continues to work out for you!

Barbara