Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9/11
 Login/Join

posted
What a sad anniversary for the U.S. and all of the free world. In my town, the local church has been ringing bells all morning in honor of those who died. It makes me very sad to think of all the pain that the surviving family members are going through today, or for that matter any day. A couple of people from my high school class (Wantagh High School, NY), were killed in the tragedy, including one girl I knew who had 3 kids.

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I think it's important that people remember as years go on," said Diana Kellie, of Acaconda, Mont., whose niece and niece's fiance were killed on one of the planes. "The dead are really not dead until they're forgotten."

Isn't that the truth? That's the reason that this site exists.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060911/ap_on_re_us/sept11_rdp

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll never forget them.

As I said in the other thread I'm a news junkie and I've studied 9/11 intensely, the one story that really got to me was the story of the disabled people in the WTC. I mean I felt bad for other people of course, but those poor people who must have felt so helpless, who were trapped really in their own bodies and couldn't escape. It just really got to me when I heard about that.

But by far what's bothered me the most is the complete ineptitude of the Republicans on this issue.

I watched Larry King Live the other night and they had Kristen Breitweiser, one of the "Jersey Girls" on there. If you haven't heard about these people Barb I'm sure you can relate to them in ways I can't imagine. They're widows of 9/11 victims who fought to have the 9/11 commission created because until then no investigation had been done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Girls

So anyway Ann Coulter who I loathe said about them:

These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them. ... I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much ... the Democrat ratpack gals endorsed John Kerry for president ... cutting campaign commercials... how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy.

And at that moment, more than before I was proud to be a Liberal. I just kept thinking "Oh, it's ok for Dubya to whore off 9/11 at every turn, but it's not OK for these widows to support a candidate who'll actually do something about it?"

Hypocrisy and Conservatism pretty much mean the same thing to me.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anne Kolter is despicable. I can't even watch that witch.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
Also Murray, I too felt horribly, for the disabled people that had to get out of that building. I think there was a guy in a wheelchair who was rescued by a friend, and the friend died.

While these terrorists are reveling in their fine accomplishment of murdering innocent victims, I hope that other people will remember that there were Arabs, Canadians, people from all over the world in that building, that the terrorists could care less about. Unbelievable.

Yes the Republicans have been inept at solving this situation, particularly Bush. I think the world is more dangerous than ever. You have to love that the second in command Ayman al-Zawahri (a pediatrian, if you can believe it) is continuing to threaten everyone who isn't a zealot/nutball. How could an educated man, who dealt with children and was supposed to heal, talk like an evil piece of garbage like he does?
I just don't understand any of this. I just wish we would get a new president (not Hillary- PLEASE), who can improve relations with other countries so that we're all on the same page regarding these thugs. Hope that makes sense!

posted Hide Post
Well, your country has one last chance to get an early start on reversing the damage Dubya has done in the midterms this year. If they don't take it (and it looks like they won't right now) wow..... just.... wow.....

posted Hide Post
Well I'll say this Murray. I'm not a big fan of either party right now. All they do is fight. At a time when we need some serious people to solve some terrible problems, they just don't seem to be there.

posted Hide Post
Ya, the Democrats have really dropped the ball. How bad do you gotta be when you can't beat George W. Bush? Twice!

But at least their bad policies are better than Republicans bad policies.