Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    Another Update Barb

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Update Barb
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Barb, just an update on how things are going.

Pretty tough right now, got laid off in June and am looking for work. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to make rent in October so that's got me stressed, but that's life right? I've got my family home to go back to if things don't work out, so I won't be homeless or anything but I hope they do. Either way I'm sure things will be ok, it's just kind of hard to see the dawn when it's midnight you know?

We just had Hurricane Bill hit us today, but all in all it wasn't too bad. Not as bad a Juan in 2003 that's for sure. I only lost power for 78 minutes, not the 4 days I lost in when Juan hit.

How are things for you?

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, I'm so sorry about your job. I feel very badly for you. I hope that things work out okay. I know you really enjoyed having your own place, but I'm glad at least you have a place to go if the job doesn't work out.

Nothing much new to report here. I've been hearing from some old friends which has been kind of fun. I have one visiting right now, so I'm enjoying that. My daughter visits just about every weekend, which is also great.

Please keep me updated Murray. I really hope things look up for you soon.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As if on que i just got a call about a job today, hopefully the interview will go well. I'll let you know.

posted Hide Post
Murray, I hope your interview went okay. If this doesn't work out, I'm sure something else will come up. Best of luck.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Barb, I got a job. It's less than I was making and it's a 2 hour daily commute, but at least I won't have to worry about not being able to make rent.

posted Hide Post
Murray, I'm glad to hear that. Wow, that is a long commute, but I'm happy you're getting to keep your place.

Thanks for letting me know. Good luck with the new job. Hope it works out for you.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
Hey Barb, just here to let you know my thoughts are with you on this difficult day.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Murray. Your words mean a lot to me.

Take care,
Barbara