Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    Hey Barb
Page 1 2 

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Barb
 Login/Join

posted
Just checkin in, been a while since I've posted so I thought I'd see how you were. Things are going ok here, I've found an apartment but I'm still waiting to hear if my application for it was accepted, so wish me luck. If it is I'll be moving out starting June 1, and let me tell you I'm looking forward to it.

As for work we're kind of all worried there, the work has really dropped off after tax season and we're all concerned about layoffs. Management says their won't be any, but of course they always say that. The good news is this company is usually pretty good about trying to find work in another campaign if things go south in one, the bad news is all the other campaigns save one are outbound calls which I won't do. So a little longer and I'll have the 700 hours you need for unemployment insurance if it comes to that. But I'm hoping it won't.

How are things on your end?

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Murray! I've really missed your updates! I hope that you get that apt.! I also hope things go okay at your company. It must be stressful to even think about losing your job! Please keep me updated on what's going on with you.

Not much new here to report. My sunroom is finally done! It only took about 9 months to get it completed (LOL). It came out nicely, so I'm not complaining. Spring has finally arrived here and I'm really enjoying the wonderful weather. How is the weather where you are? I hope you too are getting some nice warm days.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
you.

Not much new here to report. My sunroom is finally done! It only took about 9 months to get it completed (LOL). It came out nicely, so I'm not complaining. Spring has finally arrived here and I'm really enjoying the wonderful weather. Ho

9 months? Must be a Hell of a Sunroom, it only took us 7 months to build our house!

I'm going to call the woman about my apartment today, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

posted Hide Post
Murray, It's a nice room but very simple and not very large. This was the sloooowest builder I've ever had! People were teasing me that there were entire houses that went up in the area in less time than it took to do my room! Oh well, I can finally laugh about it!

Good luck on your apt!

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found out today that I got it Barb, so I move in June 1st, I gotta go down there tomorrow before work and put the damage deposit on it. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Murray, Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news. Is this place furnished, or will you have to do that yourself? I hope you have many years of enjoyment in your new home.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
It's just an unfurnished bachelor, all I'll really need to buy will be a couch and some chairs. The biggest problem will be moving them though, I don't have a car. But U-Haul's prices seem to be pretty reasonable.

posted Hide Post
Murray, A U-Haul shouldn't cost you much at all. Good luck with your move!

Barbara

posted Hide Post
Murray, I haven't seen you around for a while. Did you move into your apt? Hope all is going well. I was curious as to what you think about the cockpit tapes being released? I will never listen to them but understand from reading the articles in the press, that there isn't anything new revealed. I have very mixed feeling about all this.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
Hey Barb, Yes I got the apartment I move out on Saturday (June 2) he only things I gotta worry about now are U-Haul possibly screwing me over (I guess they're a really crappy company) and whether my friend will show up to help me move.

As for them releasing the cockpit tapes, I had already heard most of what they contained. I'm a firm proponent of releasing all data possible, FDR, CVR, etc because I think openness is a good thing, but I can understand your mixed feelings on the subject because you're a lot more effected by it than most.

posted Hide Post
Murray, glad to hear things are going relatively well for you and the impending move. Hope your friend shows up to help.

I agree with you Murray about openness. I also think that the CVR should be released, but don't think it ever will be. I haven't listened to the ATC tapes and never will, but appreciate any information gleaned from them. I think the CVR would tell us a lot more about what really occurred. As upsetting as it is, I have always tried to find out the truth about what happened to Tara. It's just my way of dealing with it. It hurts to hear this stuff, but I still have a lot of questions about what happened to her.

posted Hide Post
It's too bad the CVR got cut off, I've always said those things should have a backup battery, even before 111. I mean I understand why the FDR doesn't because it would be useless without data from the aircraft's computer, but the CVR is basically just a really fancy, well protected tape recorder.

posted Hide Post
P.S. Just so that you know Barb, I'm probably not going to have the internet for a month or two while I adjust to paying my own bills for the first time, so don't worry about me, I'll just be internetless (if that's a word) for a while. If you get bored email me at murrays79@gmail.com I'll be able to check it from work.

posted Hide Post
Okay Murray- I'll miss you. I hope your move goes smoothly. Enjoy your new place.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
I'm back on the net Barb, I discovered my ISP has a cheap/slow version so I got it.

posted Hide Post
Hi Murray! Glad you're back. How did the move go?

Barbara

posted Hide Post
It went pretty good, I eneded up having to move a couch all by myself and that took forever but other than that it went about as well as could be expected.

posted Hide Post
Sorry about the couch Murray, but glad you are settled in your new place.

Barbara

posted Hide Post
Hi Murray! Where are you???

posted Hide Post
Hey Barb, sorry about the dissapearing act, I've been so very busy this last month, it's amazing how time just seems to fly off the calendar when you're busy. I'm getting to the point where I wish there were more hours in the day.

Anyway life is getting a lot better for me, I've been out on my own for 2 months now, and I've been doing at least a half hour of exercise every day since July the 10th, I'm really starting to feel it. I've also been getting out more socially, and even meeting some cute women. Wink This is where all the crap I had to go through with the fire and the waiting to go home seems worth it, all the planning I did, all the hard work getting my life back on track. I've got friends now, I've got a social life now, and it's just wonderful. I feel like a whole new person. I'm more confident in myself now, I don't tear myself down as much as I used to.

Thinking back on the fire I see that it was the kick in the ass I needed to get my life on track. It's now going better than it ever was before. Of course I wish it didn't have to happen the way that it did, but I'm at peace with it now. I look back on it as an opportunity that I seized.

I hope things are going well for you, let me know what you've been up to.