Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    Something Strange Happened to me just now

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something Strange Happened to me just now
 Login/Join

posted
My Mother was a huge John Denver fan, and despite my early childhood rebellion I've grown to see just what an amazing talent he was. Sometimes I just feel like I need to listen to his music and it always makes me feel good, today was one of those days. But on top of that for some odd reason I felt I needed to look him up on Wikipedia. Then I just happened to notice today was the day he died 9 years ago. October 12th, 1997. Isn't that weird?

I'll never forget that day, my mom woke me up and told me he was dead. I have the priviledge of seeing him play live 3 times, and of the many things I'd like to relive in my life those days, especially when he came here to Nova Scotia, are close to the top of the list.

My Mom and I are estranged now, but my Love of John Denver is one of the few things she gave me that I cherish.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's really nice Murray. Thanks for sharing that. I was also glad to hear that you'll be in your new home soon. Good luck, and keep in touch!

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved John Denver too - was devastated when he died!!! I had only have seen one concert of his but I have all his music - people even tease me about it but I don't care!! We are all unique and can enjoy what we like. <g>

Posts: 27 | Registered: Sun May 14 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post