Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    Just Checkin In again Barb

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Checkin In again Barb
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Barb, sorry I haven't been around for a while, we've moved over to new systems and new policies at work and it's been crazy busy, also my football team went 16-0 so I've been spending much of my free time consumed with them.

How are things with you? I hope you had a good Christmas and New Years. Mine were ok, not great, but ok I got sick on New Years so I couldn't get out and party like a young man wants to, first time in years I haven't gone out on New Years. Christmas for me is kind of boring in that I'm in that in between time where I'm not a kid any more but I don't have kids of my own so it really didn't feel like Christmas at all. I hope it wasn't too tough of a time for you.

I'm applying for a new job at work and I'm nervous about it, because I really want this job and I think I'd be very good at it as well, it's tailored to my strengths. A friend, who happens to be my current supervisor, told me that she brings notes to interviews to help her focus, I'd never thought of that before, what do you think about that idea?

Anyway I hope this message finds you well.

Murray

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, I was hoping you'd stop by to give an update of what you are up to. I'm glad to hear that your job is going well. I hope you get that new job! It sounds like a good thing for you! As far as bringing notes on an interview- I'm not sure? I've never heard of anyone doing that?

Sorry to hear that you were sick over the holidays. That's really a shame. I spent Christmas with my daughter and some other relatives, and New Years with some good friends. It certainly went by quickly.

I hope you will let me know how things go with your job interview. It was really nice to hear from you again.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't get the promotion Barb, but I did learn a lot about the company I work for, and I've decided that, much like my house burning down, I'm going to use this as an opportunity to get some focus in my life.

I've always liked entertaining people, usually just in the class clown sense, but I'd like to be an entertainer like an actor or a comedian or something, so I'm going to start focusing on that. Where I work now is a decent job, but it's not what I want to do with my whole life.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, I can understand that. Let me know how that goes- it sounds very interesting. I wish you much luck. Hope you'll come back and give updates. Sorry about that promotion, but maybe you're onto something new!

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post