Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  This and That    Russian airliner crashes in Siberia

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russian airliner crashes in Siberia
 Login/Join

posted
Russian airliner crashes in Siberia, officials say
Plane with 200 aboard bursts into flames after landing, many feared killed

Updated: 32 minutes ago
MOSCOW - An airplane carrying about 200 people crashed Sunday in the Siberian city of Irkutsk and most on board were feared dead, officials said.

The Sibir Airbus A-390 crashed on landing, veering off the runway and bursting into flames, Emergency Situations Ministry spokeswoman Irina Andrianova said.

Andrianova said 43 people had been hospitalized and another 10 managed to escape. Most of the other passengers were feared dead, she said.

The plane carried a crew of eight and 192 passengers, she said.

"The aircraft veered off the runway on landing. It was traveling at a terrific speed," Andrianova said.

The plane hit a concrete barrier, collapsing the front section of the aircraft, she said. It then burst into flames.

The aircraft was on a flight from Moscow to Irkutsk, near Lake Baikal.

It took five emergency services more than two hours to extinguish the flames, Andrianova said.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13773633/

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now, more people have joined this most unwanted of all groups.

"Those Who Don't Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Posts: 186 | Registered: Sun July 09 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray, You are so right about that. Thanks for having such a big heart. I do remember your site and I think you did a very good job. I would love to actually have our guest book feature work but mark never seemed to be able to fix it or was uninterested. I have no idea as to how to do it.

As far as Monica goes, I don't know her but maybe if you leave a message on this site, she will read it sometime and get in touch with you. Again, thanks so much for stopping in here.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not doing anything right now, I'll look in to getting you a working guestbook. Really the only thing that would take any amount of time is finding one that doesn't bombard the user with ads.

posted Hide Post
Murray- You're right! That's exactly what happened to one we had. Thanks for your help!

Barbara

posted Hide Post
OK, I've found one and set it up. You can look at it here

http://www.anvilbook.com/guestbook.php?sr111

and tell me if it's ok. It does have an ad on it but it's a simple text ad at the bottom and is hardly noticable. Also I'd suggest this one because it has a "security code" entry, what this does it it keeps spam bots from posting garbage in your guestbook. The user has to look at the picture and type in the numbers in the picture in to the box, thus making sure it's a human being doing the posting. Also you can go in and delete any entry you don't find appropriate which, unfortunatly, is sometimes required with subject matter such as this. I had to use my email address to set it up, but it's easily changeable.

If you like it I can tell you exactly how to set it up and manage it, give you the username and the password and then it's all yours. You can change the password if you like or not. All I did was just close my eyes and type random keys. Also this is kind of trivial, but if you don't like the colors they can be changed too.

One other thing I forgot, this guestbook also has the ability to let you choose what questions are asked of the user, so you can ask anything you want like Their Name, Their Age, Where they're from, etc. They don't have to answer but you can have it ask.

posted Hide Post
Bump

posted Hide Post
Oh Murray, Sorry I didn't even notice this post. This sounds really good. Do you want to email me a let me know what to do?

Thanks,
Barbara

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I figured you must have missed it. I emailed the info on how to get set up to your address, if you have any questions just reply to the email.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Murray, I'm reading your email right now.

Barbara