Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  Board Comments    Access time

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Access time
 Login/Join

posted
Barbara.... Mark.... Is it just me, or is access time to your site sometimes slow. It seems to take longer for your site to come active, sometime, comparatively speaking, much longer than other sites. I have fast access to the net, thus am probably more aware of response times than others may be. Not complaining, but just a question. Regards.

Posts: 58 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cecil...

I also find that it is somewhat slower than other sites and can take up to a whole 10 seconds Eek to load. Big Grin

Ah, but this one still beats the "other" site Razz , is never "unavailable" and is well worth the wait.

Posts: 142 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mon April 08 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're right, the board does sometimes take a long time to come up initially. Do you find that response time remains slow after you get to the initial message list? How about the homepage ( www.swissair111.org ) ?

I think the issue may be that, when the board is idle for a few minutes, if you're the first one in, it takes awhile to load the UBB software. I've noticed that if I log in on one of my computers (and wait 20 to 30 seconds) and then immediately hit the board from a second computer, it comes up right away.

As an experiment, I'm leaving a browser window running that will auto-refresh the SR111Messages page every minute or so. Let me know if you get better response time in the next day or so. If you do, I'll try to come up with a more permanent version of the workaround.

Thanks for your feedback,

Mark

Posts: 90 | Registered: Fri March 29 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris and Cecil. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Also Chris thanks for the very nice compliment. I give a good deal of credit for this site to the people who have taken the time to post. Thanks for your participation!

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post