Swissair111.org    forums.swissair111.org    Discussion  Hop To Forum Categories  Board Comments    Editing Posts

Moderators: BF, Mark Fetherolf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Editing Posts
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Barbara/Mark...

I have a question regarding the Edit/Delete Post button. Once or twice I have made a post and then realized that my quality control wasn't quite what it should be and included a few spelling or grammatical errors.

However, when I attempt to edit my post to correct the error, a message is displayed that only administrators or moderators can edit a posting.

Is there any way to grant permission to the author of a post to be able to edit their own message?

Posts: 142 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mon April 08 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CD that's a good question. I had no idea that other people weren't able to edit their posts. I will definately check that one out with Mark and see if that can be changed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris, I have sent you a private message regarding editing posts. You can receive this message by hitting on 'my profile' at the top of the page.

Barbara

Posts: 2580 | Location: USA | Registered: Sun April 07 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there is a generic answer to this editing question perhaps it could be posted for all to enjoy.

I would try the 'preview post' button - read the message in the new window - and correct in the 'post a reply' window before pressing 'add reply'.

I seem to recall that the original site took you to what looked like a final message - and gave you the opportunity to return to the compose menu if you didn't like what you saw in the preview pane. Otherwise you pressed the 'post' buton and quit.

Gerry

Posts: 6 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: Wed November 27 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post